Sunday, October 23, 2011

Inspiration Monday


I always listen to music when I'm in the studio. I usually go for either bopping along top tapping getting lots of work done or soft rambling patiently focused and kind of reflective. Which translates roughly into oldies or singer-song writers, depending.

I have an ever changing group of artists/playlists but Tom Waits is always a go to for me. I've been a fan of his since forever and his albums really cover the whole spectrum. Which brings me to his new album, Bad As Me, which is my new favorite album to play while I'm working. Holy cow, it's amazing!

It's funny to think about, but music is such a part of my process that certain paintings/drawings have become linked in my mind to whatever I was listening to when I made them. Does that ever happen to you? What do you like to listen to when you work?

No comments:

Post a Comment