Monday, July 19, 2010

i'm back!

 
 
Mister and I got back last night from a very relaxing vacation to aruba. The beach was amazing! The sand was white & soft and the water was so warm and clear. It was the perfect escape from New York City. We took a couple of snorkeling excursions which were really neat. I think my favorite part of the trip was swimming in the ocean. We also spent a lot of time reading on the  beach. My beach read was The Passage by Justin Cronin, which I would definitely recommend. 



My second favorite thing about the trip was our animal encounters. There were funny iguanas all around the grounds of our hotel that made me think of Herzog's Bad Lieutenant. And then we got a real treat, watching baby sea turtles hatch! Which we were so lucky to see, because they rarely hatch during the day and it happened on our last day there. It was an amazing thing to witness. And I can now say without a doubt that newborn baby sea turtles are just about the cutest things ever. All in all, it was a fantastic trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment